In 2006 Sam celebrated 50 years in real estate, a feat few professionals ever achieve. Today Sam is considered a most influential figure in the real estate industry with his views being sought by property journalists, TV and radio reporters, the REIV and many local residents.
Sam commenced his career in real estate as an office boy with John Keam & Son in Essendon. He stayed there several years, learning the basics, before moving on to a larger office, taking a job with Frank J Sheehan & Co in the Rental Department of their North Fitzroy office. During this time Sam also gained experience in sales and after eight years he moved on once more. Sam's last position, before starting his own agency in January 1973, commenced in 1966 with L J Hooker, a national real estate agency.
Sam has had the support of his family throughout his real estate career, his loving wife Di of over 40 years, his three children, Andrew, Marny and Carly, and now his eight grandchildren. A local resident of the Essendon district for all his adult life, Sam is a lifelong supporter and sponsor of the Essendon Football Club and an active community member having spent many years with the Jaycees and more than 30 years with Rotary International.
Sam's many achievements include:
- Assisted in the establishment of the First National Real Estate Group and served on its National Board for 10 years.
- Past winner of the Leader of the Year at the Australasian Real Estate Awards
- Regarded as one of the country's best Real Estate Agents having spoken on several occasions at the Australian Real Estate Convention
- A leading real estate trainer conducting many lectures on behalf of Real Estate and Law Institutes, First National, Pittard Training Group, the MVCC and various other groups.
- Two years as Chairman of First National Real Estate, three years as Chairman of the Niddrie Technical School Council, several terms as President of the Real Estate Institute of Victoria - Essendon Branch, a member of the Board of Directors for the Home Sellers & Home Buyers Protection Fund.
We have known Sam and the Pennisi team for 20 years as a leading agent in our area with committed staff and a high community presence and activity and we have regularly supported the 'Relay for Life' fundraising walks and other charity fundraising events organised and conducted by the company. Pennisi Real Estate has a long history of service provision to our area and we wish them every future business success.