Staying connected with your community online is a great way to keep up to date with local news and events, discover new and exciting things about your neighbourhood and support small local businesses. Below are 6 Moonee Valley Facebook Community Groups worth joining.
This group is useful for all sorts of things, including…
- getting helpful advice (e.g. computer problems, car troubles, study assistance, restaurant recommendations/reviews, etc.)
- finding lost pets
- borrowing of tools or similar
- dog walking or pet feeding
- help with gardening/shopping/renovating, house sitting or mail collection
- book swapping
- finding other people to exercise with
- passing on excess harvest, seedlings or compost
- giving away items you no longer need… and the list goes on!
A community of people in Moonee Valley who are interested in sustainability, environment and climate change issues. From zero waste makers markets and community clean ups, to healthy recipes and job posts; there’s something for everyone in this active group of eco-conscious community members.
This group is like the notice board at your local IGA. Browse posts about local businesses, music lessons, buy/swap/sell, missing pets and even the odd snake or fox sighting. If you’re seeking recommendations for local restaurants, schools, tradespeople and other service providers, this is a great place to do it!
The group covers suburbs including…
- Airport West
- Ascot Vale
- Avondale Heights
- Essendon, Essendon North, Essendon West, Essendon Airport
- Keilor, Keilor East, Keilor Park
- Moonee Ponds
- North Melbourne
- Strathmore, Strathmore Heights
- Valley Lake
This is a happy place; a place to share positive, inspiring stories of people and businesses in Moonee Valley doing great things. Members are encouraged to share stories of inspiration and acts of kindness, connect people to resources, and provide helpful tips and tricks to make the world a better place.
Are you a member or admin of a Moonee Valley Facebook Group we should include in our list? Let us know so we can feature it above!